Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Whose fault is it anyway?

A lot has been said over the past few weeks about the crash of some of the U.S.A.'s major financial institutions. Everyone is quick to point a finger to the other guy across the political aisle. Democratic sponsored TV spots are airing that accuse the Bush Administration for this financial mess. Today I was sent an email that contained an article published in the New York Times on Sept. 30, 1999 - more than a month before George W. Bush was elected President for his first term. Normally I don't take much stock in emails sent to me by friends and family who have a demonstrated loyalty to one party or the other. I also am very aware of how easy it is to fake information. This time I decided to visit the NY Times website and search their archives to see if the email was accurate. To the credit of those who sent this to me, it was 100% word-for-word. I'm not going to post the entire text of the article here. I'll let you read it directly from the NY Times site:


Thank you, President Clinton.

No comments: