Thursday, April 23, 2009

A Blog about Tweeting a LinkedIn Post for FaceBook

I had an interesting conversation with my friend Keely while we were in the Dominican Republic last week. I told her that I'm already on Facebook, LinkedIn and am writing this blog so what additional advantage would I gain by adding Twitter to what has already become a time consuming list of social networking? She talked about the advantage of being able to get micro bursts of information from not just my friends but organizations that I'm interested in. We went back and forth for a few minutes and pretty much left without resolving much of anything.

Over the past week I've kept thinking about our conversation - playing it over and over again in my brain and actually debating with myself over the whole issue. So today I took the plunge. I signed up with the handle "colorado_ric" so if you tweet feel free to follow me.

Ironically, my best friend signed up to check out the Twitter movement at almost the same time that I did and we hadn't even talked about it. If you just can't help yourself you can follow him, too!

While I'm at it I'll toss out that I'm working on an idea for a small business/hobby type of idea. Guess what? It's a social networking thing, too! As some of you know my wife and I own a Mazda Miata that we not only enjoy driving but have been having a good time fixing up, too. I am pretty sure that there are quite a few other people that enjoy the same things we like doing with the Miata so I'm working on a fansite that I hope to launch in the not-too-distant future. The biggest question becomes, "Where am I going to find the time to do all this stuff?!?"

No comments: